Global Shop 2015.3 Update
Update Schedule for: April 10th, 2016
Update Rescheduled for: April 24th, 2016
This update should be pretty minor. Majority of the changes are back end programming improvements. Below is a list of the major changes that could potentially affect your experience with the GSS software.
- Core .NET Releases for menus in:
- accounts payable
- General Ledger
- On Line System
- Order Entry
- Sales Analysis
- Shop Floor Control
- System Support.
- On-Line Update Widget and Watchdog
- If running on the server the Watchdog program insures On-Line Update is running continuously. If Watchdog is unable to recover On-Line Update it emails the system administrator of the issue.
- Credit card gateway improvements
- improvements have been made to the GSS E-Payment program.
- We don’t currently use this but it allows GSS to process Credit Card transactions.
- CRM speed improvements
- GSS has been developing the customer relations module rather extensively over the last year.
- We don’y use this feature but this release comes with improved speed improvements.
- Process Documentation and Training (PDT)
- GSS has released a new feature where one can record GSS processes to help standardize training process.
- We don’t currently use this feature.
- Version Management System
- GSS has released a new feature that allows its users to control document changes through a check out system.
- Basically if someone has the document checked out no one else can access it.
- Through this feature it is also possible to set security on different files so only certain users can see certain things.